Children’s Ministry @ HLUMC
“ He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. And he said: “Truly I tell you,
unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.”
9:45 – 10:45 on the 1 st Floor Preschool Hallway
- Little Believers – Preschool ages 3 – 5yrs. Iceberg Room #104
- Deep Blue Believers – K – 2nd grade Garden Room #107
- Friendship Seekers – 3rd – 5th gradeEnd of Preschool Hallway
Kids 501 Worship – 11:15am – 12:00pm Joy Outlook Room – 2 nd FloorThis is a “kid friendly” worship experience for 1 st – 5 th Graders. This service takes place after the Children’s Time in worship every Sunday except for the first Sunday of every month when we all stay together to partake in communion as a church family. The goal of Kids 501 Worship is to bring our children into a closer relationship with God on a level they can relate and respond to.
Nursery – 9:45am – 12:15pm – 1 st Floor Preschool Hallway
Our nursery is available for babies – 4yrs. Our staff is CPR and First Aid certified.
WEDNESDAYS (during the school year)
- Kids and Youth Bells – 4:45pm – 5:30pm – 2 nd Floor Bell Room 4 th – 12 th Graders
- Kid and Youth Choirs – 5:30pm – 6:15pm – 2 nd floor Hallway – 3yrs – 12 th grade
- Wednesday @ Hawthorne Dinner – 6:15pm – 6:45pm – Evans Hall
- Kid’s Club Fellowship – 6:45pm – 7:45pm – K – 5 th grade.
- Worship Readiness Class –Sundays 11:15am – 12:00pm February – April (8 weeks)
This class prepares our children to participate more fully in worship and Kids 501 Worship.
- Easter Egg Hunt – Saturday, March 25. 2018 Aldersgate Retirement Community – 9:30am – 11:00am
- Palm Sunday Adventures – Sunday, March 25 th 9:45am – 10:45am 3rd Floor
Activities, crafts and refreshments provided to educate our children on the significance of Palm Sunday.
- Music & Exploration Camp – July 16 – 20, 2018 9am – 3pm Rising 1 st – 3 rd Graders
Campers will receive daily instruction and singing, rhythm/percussion/, orff instruments, art, drama/dance and handbells/handchimes from some of the best music teachers in Charlotte and given the chance to experience all types of creative arts. For more information and to register please click HERE.
- Music & Arts Theater Camp – July 16 – 20, 2018 9am – 3pm Rising 4 th – 8 th Graders
Campers will receive daily instruction in choral singing, drama, staging, and multimedia. Campers will have an opportunity to explore guitar, drums and art. For more information and to register please click HERE.
- VBS – August 6 – 10, 2018 9am – 11am (11am – 1pm additional childcare provided)
Experience the ride of a lifetime with God through music, science, recreation. snack and bible stories!
- Sunday FunDay – August 26, 2018 – 4:00pm – 5:30pm Front Lawn
Waterslides, games and hot dogs!!! A big picnic to kick off the end of summer and the beginning of a new school year.
- Advent Adventures Sunday – December 2, 2018 9:45 – 10:45 3 rd Floor
Activities, crafts and skits to prepare our children for the season of Advent.
- Christmas Pageant December 2018
All Children’s Choirs will combine for a musical performance of the Christmas story!
KidCheck is a secure software system we use for checking kids in and out when they are in our care. Please visit the following link to set up an account on your phone or computer.
Children’s safety is our top priority. All volunteers and staff adhere and comply with our Safe Sanctuary Policy.