It’s time to register for HLUMC MUSIC & ARTS CAMP! July 18-22nd. 9-3pm. Music Exploration Camp for rising 1st-3rd graders AND Music and Arts Theatre Camp for rising 4th -8th graders. Lunch is provided. Performance for family and friends on Friday night @5pm.
Our theme this year is trust! God continues to care for us no matter what life’s circumstances bring us. We can always trust that God will be there to walk with us.
“The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.” Psalm 28:7
9:00 am-3:00 pm, Monday–Thursday
9:00 am-5:00 pm, Friday
5:00-6pm, Friday – End of Camp Show
- End of Camp Show – both the younger camp and the older camp will present what they have learned this week
- All campers should stay and participate. Friends and family invited to attend!
- July 18-22: camp will begin each day promptly at 9:00. Drop-off begins at 8:45 at the children’s playground/elevator entrance; lunch is provided. Pick-up – same location.
- Camp day will last until 3:00 pm on Monday, through Thursday. Child watch is available 3-5pm for an extra $25 a day. (Must register ahead of time) On Friday, the campers will stay until time for the performances.
- Rising 1st -3rd grader campers will receive daily instruction in singing, rhythm/percussion, orff instruments, art, drama/dance and handbells/handchimes from some of the best music teachers in Charlotte and given the chance to experience all types of creative arts.
- Rising 4th-8th grader campers will learn and perform a WHOLE musical! Not Your Average Joe: The Story of Joseph with a 50s Twist. The classic Old Testament story of Joseph is retold in the exuberant times and music of the 50’s. It’s surfer beats, leather jackets, and surfboards, but the gospel truth remains the same … trust the Lord with all your heart.
- Families and friends are invited to join us for the end of camp performances at 5pm on Friday.
- Campers are expected to attend all day every day. Please schedule dentist, well visits, and other appointments around this week. Our young musicians and artists will be learning to depend on one another and be creative together. When one is missing it affects the whole group.
- Additional details about the Friday evening performance and volunteer opportunities will be sent to registrants prior to the start of camp
- A track for older elementary and youth interested in multimedia/sound production is available. Limited space is available. Priority is given to older campers – 6th-8th grade) Register early and you must note your interest in this area on your registration sheet. Students will work in their area all week long and use their skills for the final performance. ***This is not an option just for those who do not want to sing – campers must have a genuine desire to participate in multimedia!
- There will be an audition day for all those interested in a speaking/singing/dancing role in the musical (Rising 4th-8th graders ONLY) on Sunday July 17th 2-4pm. Your child MUST be in attendance if they want to be considered for a role. All roles will be decided that afternoon. More information will be sent out on JUNE 1st by mail and email. Information will only be sent to those who register early.
- Early Bird Pricing – $200 (HLUMC members), $225 (Non Members). ***Fees increase $25 per camper after June 1.
- Fees are expected at the time of registration, early bird rates are good until June 1st.
- $25 discount for each additional child. Use code: CHILD2
- NO REFUNDS will be offered after June 1st
- Payment arrangements can be made if needed. For additional camp information, payment arrangements or scholarship information, please contact: Pastor Carrie firstname.lastname@example.org
Still thinking about it? See here some images of one of our fabulous years of music camp!
Music & Arts Exploration Camp (Rising 1st-3rd Graders) – Register Here.
Music & Arts Theatre Camp (Rising 4th-8th Graders) – Register Here.