Our youth program is a vibrant group of 6th through 12th graders who gather weekly and through out the year to talk about faith, study the word, and do mission work. And of course we like to eat food and play games! We are passionate about seeing how Jesus lived and then going out into the world and doing the same. We invite all youth in middle and high school to join us anytime.
- 5:30-7:30pm Wednesdays for the rest of the semester
- Music first part, then dinner, study, and fellowship
- Non music youth are welcome to join after music or just come and help with technical things
- Come any week you are free – even if your normal activity (scouts, soccer, dance etc) changes – jump in when you can!
- Bring dinner or get it downstairs. Parents please pay for your youth if they eat church dinner.
SUNDAY February 13 – 6th grade GATHERING
- Donut, hot chocolate, talking with Pastor Carrie
- In Coffee Lounge
- Just a time to get to know one another and dream some ideas for 6th grade activities.
SUNDAY February 13 – ALL YOUTH FIX UP YOUTH ROOM DAY!
- after worship until 3:30-4pm
- Bring paint supplies – brushes, rags, rollers (we will return them clean!)
- Lunch will be provided. Need parent help on lunch – see Carrie to volunteer.
- Will need a head count – text in GroupMe if you are coming
- 7th graders and older any who have not been confirmed yet are invited to participate
- Sundays starting March 1 through June 5 (Except easter, mothers day, memorial weekend)
- 11:45-12:45pm. Snacks provided (parents take turns)
- Meg Johnson and Arelis Walters will be teaching
- Parent lesson with Pastor Tom in Conference room
- ATTENDANCE for youth and parents is REQUIRED. (If you have to many other things planned already it’s totally ok to wait till next year – this is not mandatory. We do though feel like it’s a very very important part of the life of the church and a BIG decision to make – to stand before the church and pledge faith in Jesus Christ. We don’t want to take that lightly so being a part of the group every week is vital)
- Confirmation Retreat – June 4th, 9-2pm @ HLUMC unless an away event is found.
Ash Wednesday Service – March 2, 2022
- Our youth with help lead the Ash Wednesday Service
- Need everything from pancake flippers to tech to musicians to readers to greeters.
- Pancakes at 5:30, Service at 6:30pm
Senior High Girls Group
- Small group study for lent
- Sundays after Worship, March 6-April 10
- Will walk to Sunflour or Starbucks
- Pastor Carrie will lead.
- All 9th-12th grade girls invited to participate
- Book to study TBA
Youth Fellowship (bringing back old school UMYF!)
- First Sundays 4-6pm
- Parents will provide dinner
- March 6, April 3, May 1, June 5
- Fellowship, Food, Bible Study, Games, and a mission project!
- All age Youth are invited. 6th-12th graders.
March 6 @ 4pm – Parent Meeting
Music and Arts Week at Lake Junaluska
- June 19-24
- Registration and Payment due May 15
Youth Mission Trip
- June 24-30, Wilkesboro, NC
- Meg and Doug, Chaperones
- Registration and Payment due March 1
For more information about our youth program? Please contact Pastor Carrie