Local Service Opportunities
HLUMC is very active in many local ministries in cooperation with many other organizations throughout the Charlotte area. Here are just a few:
- Pot Sundays – Every 3rd Sunday we have a special collection for an area ministry. Some of the ministries we have chosen are A Child’s Place, The Bethlehem Center, Crisis Assistance, etc. We call it Pot Sunday because we put our money in a giant soup pot during the opening hymn!
- Room In the Inn – Every Tuesday, December through March we host folks from the local shelter so they can have a place to get out of the cold, have a hot meal, and great fellowship. There is lots to do with this ministry from picking up our guests in the church bus to making dinner, to sleeping over night to be a host. We’d love to have you help!
- Freedom School Partners
- The Learning Collaborative
- Servants with a Heart – We love this mission…gathering together one saturday in the spring to make 50,000 meals! Some of the meals are sent overseas and some are kept here. It’s amazing what we can do when we join together.
- CropWalk – Charlotte hosts one of the largest Crop Walks in the country. We join in every year helping to raise money to eliminate hunger!
- We also do many other missions through out the year depending on the need. We band together to do Salvation Army Stockings at Christmas, collect items and fill flood buckets for hurricane victims, collect canned goods every 1st sunday for Loaves and Fishes, and often our youth bring mission projects to us such as collecting books for Freedom School Partners.
HLUMC provides opportunities to join others in missions throughout the world:
- Cost Rica
- Youth Mission Trip
- Kids Can-Do Service Projects
There are so many places you can join in! We’d love to connect you with a project that makes your heart soar. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected.
HLUMC joins in a number of events during the year including:
- No events at the present time