I’m Tom. I have been a pastor for a Long Time. I’m in my ninth year at Hawthorne Lane. I play bass in a garage band, Charlie the Pig—only the latest in a long line of decent bands with above-average and marketable names. I love good bourbon, mild cigars, and conversation about sports, theology, movies and the few books I have read. People learn VERY quickly I am deaf as a post (no, not related to rock and roll); but when I can hear, I listen pretty well. Well, sometimes. I have two great adult kids, two amazing granddaughters. I like to fish, to watercolor…oh, oh, oh… and especially to cook! Nothing fancy yet, but I do enjoy prattling about the kitchen (you should see my really cool new knives!). And writing sermons. And books. And the Braves. And, GO VOLS!!!
Pastor Tom has his Bachelors degree from Belmont College, 1976. Master of Divinity, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, 1980 and Doctor of Ministry, Emory University, 1995. He is an Ordained Elder in the Western North Carolina Conference of the United Methodist Church.He is the author of 6 books.
- The Life and Ministry of Jesus Christ: The Messiah
- Shadows, Darkness, and Dawn: A Lenten Journey with Jesus
- A House of Prayer: The Power of Praying in Community
- Praying for Dear Life
- Every Disciples Journey: Following Jesus to a God-Focused Faith
- Sacred Days: Following Jesus through the Christian Year